Jump Rope Tips
Jumping rope is a great way to build your coordination, balance, and endurance. Although, for many adults I coach, jumping rope is a stop and go game, with little coordination to be found. How can you start jumping rope like a school girl? Keep it simple! Check out my video and these Do’s and Don’ts for jump rope, and PRACTICE!
- Keep elbows close to your body.
- Flick your wrists to move the rope.
- Practice doing singles at first, to find your rythmn.
- Stay light on your toes.
- Jump just enough to clear the rope.
- Stretch your arms out wide.
- Swing the rope using your arms.
- Double jump each rep.
- Jump so high your knees go above your hips
- Jump and land hard, flat-footed.